Thursday 11 May 2017

Little Bones by Sam Blake


Meet twenty-four-year-old Garda Cathy Connolly, she might be a fearless kick-boxing champion but when she discovers a baby's bones concealed in the hem of a wedding dress during what seems to be a routine break-in, the case becomes personal.

The bones are another mysterious twist when artist Zoe Grant's mother disappears. Then her grandmother, head of the Grant Valentine department store empire and owner of the dress's original owner is found dead, and a trail of secrets is uncovered that threatens to shake a dynasty.

In the meantime, a fugitive killer has already left two dead in execution style killings across the Atlantic - and now he's in Dublin with old scores to settle. Will the team track him down before he kills again?

As she searches for answers, Cathy is drawn deep into a complex web of secrets and lies spun by three generations of women but as she struggles with her own secrets, Cathy doesn't know how dangerous and personal this case will become.

Well, I had this on my TBR pile since last year after been at the launch for Little Bones and with everything it just stalled in pile but to be honest I didn't like it, I LOVED it. I'm just sorry that I never picked it up before now. From the first page I was hooked and couldn't read it fast enough, even when I thought I'd worked out the whole case before Cathy even did, I ended up been completely wrong.  And THAT ending, I really didn't see it coming so I now have to rush out and pick up the next installment, In Deep Water ASAP to see what happens - such a rollercoaster!!  As I was reading it, it reminded me on the Irish drama Red Rock that is currently showing on TV3 and BBC2 and Garda Cathy Connolly was a kickass character just like Garda Sharon Cleere in Red Rock. There's is definitely a new heroine on the block in the form of Garda Cathy Connolly & I've got a new girl crush too.  Highly Recommended.

Little Bones is available in all good bookstores and is currently £4.07 on Kindle at the time of publication of this review.

No comments :

Post a Comment