Friday 22 April 2016

The Second Love of My Life by Victoria Walters


Set in the Cornish town of Tatling, meet Rose Walker, a very talented artist who until recently was known for her infectious positivity, had a zest for life and devoted to childhood sweetheart Lucas until two years ago her husband Lucas was cruelly taken away from her in a split second.  Now, Rose is known for the woman who became a widow aged just twenty-four.

Rose knows that life must carry on but at times feels that she can't do things or go to certain places or rooms within her home as it'll bring back too many painful memories but takes things one day at a time. This is until one day a newcomer, Robert, arrives in Tatling for the summer but just who exactly is he and what does he want???

I really LOVED this book, it was an emotional rollercoaster at times.  A very bittersweet and heart-warming read, the story flows really well throughout the book. I really enjoyed Victoria's debut book which I read in a couple of days, it kept me turning the pages until the very end. This story had it all a little bit of humor, love, family, friendship, protectiveness to more sensitive and hard-hitting issues - I found I had a little tear in my eye at the end along with shedding a few along the way, so grab this book, curl up on the couch with a box of chocolates and prepare to have a few lump in your throat moments too. It definitely didn't disappoint.

The Second Love of My Life is available on Kindle and in all good bookstores and is currently £2.99 on Kindle at the time of publication of this review.

2 comments :

  1. I have this on TBR pike, all set for end of semester 👌🏻

    ReplyDelete