Wednesday 8 July 2015

The Lie by C.L.Taylor


She trusted her friends with her life....

Meet Jane Hughes, who lives and works in Wales and is in a steady relationship with her boyfriend.  She works for the local animal sanctuary, a job which she loves but one day Jane receives a letter at the animal sanctuary, indicating that someone knows her secret but what secret could she be hiding???

Five years earlier, Jane Hughes was called Emma Woolfe and she along with her  three friends set out for the holiday of a lifetime to Nepal. The fun that they were expecting however soon turns into a nightmare.  The suspense starts right from the very beginning where I was intrigued to find out why Jane changed her name? The story then flips between the present and the past.  The characters of Emma, Daisy, Leanne and Al were all excellent and could feel as though I was there with them in Nepal.

I didn't just like it, I LOVED it and it definitely didn't disappoint.  I would definitely recommend this book and I CAN'T recommend this book  enough.  I knew that I was going on holiday for a week in June so I decided to keep this to read until then, I had it read in just over a day and a half as I couldn't put it down.  There were some great twists and turns too which I loved and that I wasn't expecting. It's a very face paced story and I even had to slow down reading it as I didn't want it to end.  There were parts in the book I could feel my heart thumping so it's definitely not for the fainthearted.

This is C.L. Taylor's second novel, her first been The Accident which I haven't read yet but I will definitely be picking it up really soon and I'm really looking forward to C.L. Taylor's next book already.

The Lie is available on Kindle and from all good bookstores.  At the time of this review been published The Lie is only £0.99 on kindle so grab it while you can, you won't be disappointed so don't say I never told you so!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment